An auto parts store had constant complaints from employees that they were fatigued and had sore knees and joints after standing behind the counter to serve customers. They had purchased foam anti-fatigue mats but they proved to be trip hazards and wore out very quickly.
Ergo Advantage Inc. mats were installed at all areas where employees had to stand for long periods of time. Edges were added at any points where staff walked on or off the mats on a regular basis.
- Customer service reps no longer find they are fatigued and sore at the end of the day
- Ergo Advantage mats were part of a broader 5S and 6S initiative being undertaken by the store to make workplace more efficient and more safe
- Curling mats were no longer a trip hazard as Ergo mats never curl and have bevelled edges for on/off traffic
- They have noticed there is a decrease in the number of sick days by staff
- The store is looking at other areas where Ergo Advantage mats could be beneficial including the warehouse, service bays, etc.
- They like the fact that they can be disassembled and re-assembled quickly for when they reconfigure their inventory areas
“We noticed a difference walking and standing on the Ergo mats right away. The mats are not only for industrial use!”